Here are 15 Powerful Prayers for Mental Illness with Key Scriptures: Matthew 11:28-30, Finding comfort and strength in the Scriptures can be a source of peace and encouragement when dealing with mental illness. Here are a few scriptures that may bring you peace and hope during these trying times:
- Psalm 34:17-18 – “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- Matthew 11:28-30 – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Isaiah 41:10 – “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
- Psalm 42:11 – “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
- Psalm 139:13-14 – “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
15 Powerful Prayers for Mental Illness
- My father, I thank you for the gift of life.
- Lord, I thank you for your protection over my life.
- My father, I give you glory because you are God and your mercies endureth forever.
- Lord, I ask for your continuous guidance and protection over my life in Jesus name.
- Lord, I pray that I will not fall victim to evil mental illness in the name of Jesus.
- My father, I ask for divine protection against all forms of mental disorder in Jesus name.
- Every unwanted parasite of mental health in my system die by fire now in Jesus name.
- Every unwanted illness in my body system, die and wither by fire now in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Father, I come against every plan of the enemy to implant evil mental illness into my brain in the name of Jesus.
- Psalm 17:8 “Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings”
- Lord cast away everything that is not of God from my brain system in the mighty name of Jesus.
- My body is the temple of God, I shall not harbour evil health issues in my body in Jesus name.
- Lord, let your fire destroy every evil plan and evil mental sickness concerning my thinking in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Lord, save me from all forms of sicknesses and illness in Jesus name.
- O Lord, with your power, let every existing or potential mental issue in my brain catch fire now in the name of Jesus.
Remember that while these scriptures are meant to soothe and encourage, they should not be used in place of professional treatment or medical guidance. If you or someone you know is suffering from a mental illness, please seek appropriate help and support from mental health professionals and your community.